Monday, August 11, 2008

The Pajama Game

For Mom's birthday, I gave her tickets to a stage play of "The Pajama Game". I let her invite a guest and - typically - she invited my Dad. The play was in Portsmouth at a theater called Seacoast Repertory Theater. As usual, we had a great time with my parents. They're such good company. We chatted away on the ride up.....actually....Hubby, Mom and I chatted....Dad snoozed. The play was a musical and funny. The actors and actresses do a tremendous job considering it's community theater. On the way home, Dad suggested ice cream. It didn't take us long to say yes. Hubby won the battle of who would pay for the ice cream since it was actually my Mom's birthday gift. It's the last week of camp and sadly, for this year, I'm saying I'm glad it's almost over. I have three words to describe the summer - Rain, Rain, Rain. I'm pretty sure there have been more rain days than not. We've had camp through torrential downpours, thunder, lightening and hail. The weather report for tomorrow....heavy rain. 'nuff said.

No comments: