Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentine's Day Tradition


Hubby and I continued our annual tradition of visiting the New England Aquarium for Valentine's Day.  This started when Hubby and I were first married, and he planned a day in Boston at the Aquarium for me because he knows how much I love my penguins!


The salt water tank makes a beautiful, colorful tableau.



I was very sorry to see that the Little Blue Penguins were gone from the aquarium.  Thank goodness these guys are still there!


This diver is trying to feed the fish.  The manta rays were the most aggressive.  They wouldn't leave her alone!   Later on, there's a place where you can lean over and pat the Manta Rays in a special shallow tank.  I've done it many times before....but this time one of them flipped me off and soaked me from head to waist!


Hi Turtle!


We had a wonderful time staying at the Marriott Longwharf  Hotel right next door to the Aquarium.  They have a lovely pool there.  For supper, we hopped on the T and went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  (Another Boston tradition of ours.)   

Hubby couldn't decide which Valentine Card said it best.....so he got me three!


On Saturday we went to the JFK Library.   I had never been there before and always wanted to go.  It seemed like a good idea on a day when it was frigidly cold outside....not a good day to walk around the city!


The guard said this is the most photographed part of the exhibits.


A congratulatory note send to the newly elected President from the sailors on the Japanese boat that sunk  JFK's PT Boat.


A bit fancy for my dinner parties.



There were tons of videos of JFK speaking and photos of his family, campaigns and presidency.  Truly a sad thing that we lost him so young.  One wonders what our country would have been like if he'd been President for 8 years.



No comments: