1. My Hubby - he is always at the top of the list because he's the thing I'm most thankful for. He is patient, kind, smart, funny, sexy and he "gets" me. I love him more than anything else in life.
2. My son Doug - he's such a good man. He's a hard worker - he's managed to work his way from job to job and is very successful. He's also a great Dad to his daughter. She will always remember the wonderful times they've spent together.
3. My son Nick - another good man. Another hard worker. He's been working for the same company since high school and I know they appreciate all he's done for them. He's also a wonderful father to his daughter.....she is very blessed.
4. My daughter Jamie - she's a strong, confident woman. She works hard, is fun-loving and kind. She's all a daughter should be and more. I treasure her friendship.
5. Doug's wife Kara - she's a beautiful woman- a wonderful mother - a good wife to Doug. She's very smart and is a valued teacher. I love having her as another daughter.
6. Nick's wife Kelly - she's also a beautiful woman - a wonderful mother and a good wife to Nick. She's doing a fantastic job of raising Audrey and she makes Nick so happy.
7. My granddaughter Emily - smart, funny, beautiful inside and out. She's so much fun to be with and I love that she's so thoughtful and kind.
8. My granddaughter Audrey - a sweet, sweet baby. So smart - talking so much already! and she loves to play with Memere and Pepere.
9. My step-daughter Wendy - she is a very hard worker. She's going to school, working and caring for two children. A lot of work for anyone! Yet she's always patient with her children and very thoughtful of her father. She's a lovely lady.
10. My step-son-in-law Allan - He's found his niche and is working hard to support his family. He's a good Dad to his two children and he makes Wendy happy.
11. My step-son Kenny - a smart, funny and creative guy. He's got so much talent and I enjoy all his work. He's loving toward his Dad and me.
12. My step-son-in-law Matthew- another very talented guy. He's working very hard to make his talent successful and he's succeeding! He's the perfect husband for Kenny. They make each other very happy.
13. My grandson Noah- a very sweet boy and super smart. He just started kindergarten and took to it like a duck to water. He's a joy to spend time with. I love taking him on train adventures.
14. My granddaughter Elsie - she's an adorable girl - smart and happy. She's always willing to go along with whatever Noah's doing. They make a great team.
15. My home - buying our house was the very best decision we've ever made. It is our sanctuary. I love when hubby and I get to spend time alone together in our house or yard. And I love that I can fill it up with family and friends and enjoy being a hostess.
16. My brother John- he's a smart, hard-working, loving man who is always there when I need him -either for work or fun. He's always got my back. I love spending time with him.
17. My sister-in-law Ruth - she's a loyal friend. She's very generous and would do anything for you if you needed her. She's a good friend to me.
18 - My niece Laura - a sweet young lady with the potential to do great things. She's smart and kind. And she's so enjoyable to spend time with.
19. My Dad - I couldn't possibly love my Dad any more than I already do. He's taught me so much. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without him.
20. My Mom - she was my Dad's other half. She was a strong woman who taught me how to be a wife and mother. She overcame many obstacles at the end of her life and did it with dignity and grace. I strive to be like her.
21. My friend Sylvie - we've been friends for a long time. We met as Girl Scout leaders. When I needed a job she put in a word for me and she is now my supervisor. I'm very lucky to work with a good friend - she's a great boss and we still manage to be good friends outside of work.
22. My friend Kay - it's not often you get to work with people you like so much. Kay and I get along so well they call us "Lucy and Ethel". I enjoy working with her and look forward to seeing her every day.
23. My Girl Scout friends - besides Sylvie, we have five other friends who were once Girl Scout leaders who we still see often - Gail, Sue F., Sue T., Debbie and Carol. We get together as often as we can and still enjoy discussing kids, grandkids, weddings, family, etc.
24. My job - it's easy to complain about your job, but overall it's a job I enjoy. I like customer service and enjoy making people happy. It's interesting and keeps me on my toes. The pay isn't bad and the bennies are pretty good.
25. Hubby's job - it has its ups and downs. There isn't a lot of work for him right now, so I'm thankful he's still employed.
26. My friend Joan - she's my far-away friend. We met 30 years ago and then she moved. We've kept in touch via social media, and we get along like two peas in a pod. We got the chance to visit this year, and it was the two most enjoyable days of our vacation.
27. My friend GS - she's a wonderful hard-working woman. She is kind, compassionate and really cares about other people and the world. She's created such a fantastic environment for us to present our music. I'm thankful I've been able to have some heart-felt conversations with her and get to know her better.
28. My Friday night friends - too numerous to count. They all have such a fun-loving attitude and joie de vive. As a non-musician, I feel thankful that I've been accepted and encouraged to join in the fun.
29. TCPOE - "The Coolest Place on Earth". That's what we've named our Friday night Open Mic. It's become such a great routine for us to go there almost every Friday night and sing and enjoy the company of our friends.
30. Our vacation- we took "the trip of a lifetime" this year and it all went perfectly smoothly. Hubby and I are so compatible when we travel. We had a wonderful time.
31. The resources we have. We have enough money to support ourselves, eat, heat our home, pay our bills and still have some leftover for vacations and entertainment. I'm thankful we are able to work and support ourselves.
32. Everyone has jobs. All my family who want to work have employment. It's wonderful that no one is struggling.
33. Health - Hubby and I are so fortunate that we only have the ordinary ills of those our age. And it's all taken care of with inexpensive medication.
34. Healthcare - we are on a healthcare plan that is affordable and takes care of our needs.
And......in no particular order:
35. Ice Cream
36. Fresh Vegetables from my garden
37. My backyard where I can sit and read and relax
40. That Hubby likes to rake because I don't!
41. Clean sheets
43. Using my pottery wheel
45. My published book
46. My Sunday newspaper
47. Herbal Tea
48. Auntie Izy
51. The new bike Hubby bought for my birthday
53. The Dollar Store
55. Craig's List
56. Perennial Flowers
58. Hiking (or in our case - walking in the woods)
59. The ocean
60. Newburyport waterfront
61. Canoeing (aka Canoodling)
63. Sunday mornings
64. Going out to hear our friends play music
65. Parker's Maple Barn
66. Hubby's homemade maple syrup
67. Driving a brand new 2015 Hyundai on our vacation.
68. Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive
69. Facebook - it keeps me in touch with family and friends who are far away
70. Community Theater
71. The New England Aquarium - home of the penguins!
72. Online banking
73. Online shopping
74. Free shipping
77. The library
78. Boston Market Chicken
81. Benny - he makes me laugh
82. Homemade pizza on the pizza stone Kara gave me
83. The New England Patriots
84. Tom Brady!
85. Mom's spoon collection
88. The Amazing Race
89. The Dirty Girl Mud Run
91. Valentine's Day
92. Hubby's 60th Birthday Party
93. Bob's help with the sound system
94. Fall foliage
95. Joan's jams
96. Days off with nothing to do
97. Watching my granddaughter play soccer
98. Watching my other granddaughter walk
99. My electric blanket