February is the longest month. I know there's only 28 days, but everyone who lives in New England knows it's the longest month. I'm so looking forward to this month being over. Here's why:
1. We are in the middle of a renovation project that has taken over most of the house. There is dirt, dust and junk everywhere. I'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but the constant mess and clutter is driving me crazy.
2. My Dad was in the hospital for almost a week with heart problems. Luckily, he's doing well and home now, but that kind of thing is always stressful.
3. Hubby's car died. We are now going to be looking for a new car for him. I hate car shopping more than I hate regular shopping.
4. My car took two hits. The first one....I hit a tire (with rim) that was just sitting in the middle of the road. I knew I hit it, and thought I'd escaped without damage. Until Hubby noted that the part of the car under the front bumper was all broken. The second one.....some guy rear-ended me as I was leaving work early because of the snow storm. Again, not much damage, but stressful.
5. We had a huge blizzard. 2 1/2 feet of snow.
6. Hubby was sick with a cold for 2 weeks. He sweetly passed it on to me. I haven't had a cold in about 3 years.
So let's try and look at the bright side, shall we?
1. When the renovation project is done, it's going to be beautiful and allow us to have a big enough living room for parties and jams.
2. My Dad is doing well and kept up a great attitude through the whole process.
3. Hubby will have a better car that runs without sounding like a tank.
4. The insurance company is going to pay out on the second accident. Since it's just cosmetic damage, and I don't really care how the car looks, we'll bank that money.
5. Hmmmm...this one's a toughy. I guess we can say that the children got a chance to see what a big snowstorm is like and have some fun? (I know that's stretching it a bit.)
6. There's nothing good to say about being sick.
March 1 cannot come soon enough.