Saturday, December 29, 2018

Recycled Percussion 2018



I had the great good fortune of bringing some "newbies" to the latest Recycled Percussion show.   We went to the Palace Theater in Manchester and got our usual seats in the right-hand balcony.  We were practically on top of the stage!

I gave tickets to my niece Laura, my granddaughter Emily, my daughter Jamie and her boyfriend Sean  It was so much fun to see their reactions to seeing the show for the first time.  Jamie has Justin's daughter Bo in her preschool class, and Bo and her sister Blake were there, at stage left, throughout the show.  We could see them from where we were sitting and laughed as they sang and danced all afternoon to their Daddy's band!

Justin, Ryan and Matt performing with incredible precision on the buckets and barrels "we got at Lowe's"


At times, Justin's hands were moving so fast they were blurs!


They have a wonderful, unique way of finding music in everyday things.  Here they are playing blenders!  Again, the amount of practice must be incredible to have perfectly synchronized sounds come out of a bunch of blenders!


A little hydraulics and they are tipped over so everyone can see the tops of their drums while they play.




They also found music in classic toys....romper stompers, rubber balls, Operation game, xylophone, etc.   


And their most memorable trick....play on ladders as they climb up and down and then jump from the top to the floor while playing on the way down!


My family knows how much I love the band...not just for their showmanship but for their humanitarianism.   So Jamie got me a Recycled Percussion and Chaos and Kindness sweatshirt in pink......and my husband got me the same sweatshirt in black!


Way over on the left are the four signatures from the band.  We got to quickly meet them after the show, as they greet all their fans after every show.


After the show we all went out to a pizza place called 900 Degrees.  It was wonderful to spend time with some of my very favorite people!  Thanks for a wonderful night of great fun!

No comments: