Sunday, July 3, 2016

Our New Kitchen!!

It has come to my attention that I haven't blogged in awhile...and the complainers are correct!  My excuse is I've been a bit busy, what with kitchen renovation and a two-week vacation.  Now I'm back, the kitchen is done, and I'll blog and blog and blog until I'm done telling you everything we've done! LOL

We demo'd all the way down to the studs. Then Hubby did a whole bunch of electrical work so we'd have many more outlets than the few we had before; so the stove could be moved; so we'd have a light over the sink; and so we could have an over-the-stove microwave.



And then Tag's Cousin Scott came in and took over.  I really do have to give him all the accolades for doing such a fantastic job!

He sent in his crew to put up the sheet-rock on the walls and ceiling.




This guy was amazing!  He put up the ceiling while walking on stilts 
and singing along to country music!


Then Tag and I went on vacation  (future blog)  and while we were away, our daughter Jamie came in and painted all the walls!  What a fantastic gift!
She coordinated with Scott so she could paint the walls,
 and he came in afterwards and put up all the moldings.







When I came home from vacation, I stained and varnished all the woodwork.....but was so grateful I didn't have to paint!

Then the exciting day came when the cabinet guys delivered all the cabinets!  Scott had recommended "Michael James Designs" in Methuen and we could not have been happier with their attention to detail and reliability.


By the time I came home from work the next day, our cabinets were in!  These two utility cabinets are in an area where we did not have cabinets before.....allowing us to take our food out of the front hall closet and bring it back into the kitchen where it belongs.


We moved our stove so we now have a nice counter beside the fridge.


We chose formica countertops that looks like granite.


For the next couple of days, Scott spent endless hours at our house putting down the pergo floor.





We couldn't be happier with our wonderful new kitchen! We're looking forward to having many happy times and lots of friends and family in our kitchen!




No comments: