Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas with the Kids

Our tradition has become to have a Christmas brunch with my kids and grandkids.   As usual, we had a lovely time.

Of course there was a ton of food, including a nice French Toast casserole made by my daughter-in-law Kara.


Kara and my Dad are ready to eat!!


And the present-opening has begun!
Doug, Jamie, Emily, Kara and me.


Nick got to help Audrey open all her gifts.


Auntie Jamie gets to coo and sing to Elise.  I'm excited that Jamie made Tag and I a "Pallet" hanging swing to put up in our tree.  She gave us the cushions that will go on it and will bring the swing over another time.


Kelly shows off two outfits I got for Elise....one with a penguin and one for Valentine's Day.


Kara gets her turn snuggling Elise as well.  Kara always manages to find us the best gifts.  She gave us snacks for our trip to Vermont, along with a gift certificate to Tuscan Market, which we can use after we get back from taking our Italian cooking class.  Hopefully by then, we'll be able to recreate the great meal we're going to learn to make!


Emily opening the quilt I made for her from scraps of clothes I made for her before.


Great-Grampy holds his great-granddaughter for the first time.


He might have even made her smile!


So glad we have a big living room!


I got all the grandkids books written especially with their own names in them.  Emily read hers AND Audrey's!


Kelly holding her sweet little daughter.


Emily enjoys her new cousin.


Memere is in her glory!


Loving it!


Three of my lovely granddaughters -  Elise, Audrey and Emily!


What a lovely way to end the Crazy Christmas Party weekend.   I love all my kids and grandkids - it's such a pleasure to spend time with them!

No comments: