Monday, July 20, 2015

Dirty Girl 2015

Jamie and I had so much fun the first time we did the Dirty Girl Mud Run, we decided to do it again!   Unfortunately, it wasn't in nearby Amesbury.  We signed up for the event in Killington, VT.   That didn't seem so far away until we drove there!  Over two hours each way......a little too far.

When we got there, despite paying $10 for parking, they had us park on the side of the road and hike uphill about a 1/2 mile to get to the start.  Not an auspicious beginning!


We wore the same t-shirts as last time....they say "Big or Small, Save Them All!"   The Dirty Girl donates some of the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research, so we ran in honor of my Mom.


After the usual check-in shenanigans, we joined the next wave - and we were off!


We stayed clean for a surprising amount of time at the beginning.

Over the Ten Foot (maybe Eight....not sure!) wall!



Jamie's philosophy is to be as goofy as possible to get her picture taken often....and it works!



I believe at the bottom of this slide is where we finally landed in a puddle of mud!


There were many, many hills.  Jamie was very patient with me as I huffed and puffed up each one.  



I took this one a single step at a time....Jamie ran from one end to the other...I thought I was going to get run over!


Here's a spot where we got a bit muddy!




And I got to show a little attitude for the camera!


All in all it was a great time.  Nothing like getting muddy with my favorite daughter!




My Prize








No comments: