Monday, June 2, 2014

Emily's Recital

There are so many wonderful things about being a grandparent.  One of the most wonderful is doing all the fun and exciting things you used to do with your own children all over again.   Only better.  Because you get to just go and sit and enjoy.  No fuss, no muss, no hassle.

Our oldest granddaughter Emily had her dance recital this weekend and we got to go and watch.   And of course, she was wonderful!!




And of course.....the video will not upload.   No....I don't know why..................


It was so enjoyable to sit back and watch all the little children perform for their parents.  This school is wonderful in that they broke up the recital between the young children and the older kids.  So we got to see the 2 to 6 year olds.   They were all adorable!

After the show we met Emily outside. She was happy to receive bouquets of flowers from both grandparents.


Daddy found a great spot for pictures:



We had to take the pictures in the bright sunshine so the sun would reflect off her sparkly dress.  And she was happy to show off the rainbow skirt.


I had to laugh because when I asked her to show us how the skirt looked when she spinned, she said, "We'll have to go down on the sidewalk because I don't want to break my leg spinning on this hill!".   So practical!


The beautiful bun Mommy did for her.



And a little attitude!


And no recital would be complete without a visit to Emily's favorite Pizza Parlor.....Papa Gino's!


She got to visit with family......



and friends............


and got a couple of fun gifts!


She even got to try and get a new friend for her buddies Pinky and Glamour.....


All in all a beautiful day for a beautiful little girl!








2 comments:

Joan J said...

What a wonderful day! Emily looks just beautiful!

elizasmom said...

She's gorgeous, and I love her rainbow dress! I can't decide whether I want one for myself or my kids...