Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Life

What's been going on in my life?   Lots and lots......some mundane, some more interesting.

At Work:

It's been very steady at my workplace.  Lots of people traveling.  Our usual after Labor Day lull was only a small lull and is picking back up already.   Everyone is traveling to Italy.

At the House:

We finally have neighbors.  The house next door is about 10 feet from ours, so we have really close neighbors!  It had been empty the entire time we've lived here.   A young couple bought it and are doing the same thing we did.....killing themselves working on it cause they're so excited about having their own house.   They seem to have a penchant for bonfire-style campfires and leaving all their lights on.  I want to be friendly, but no too friendly!  No need to have anyone butting in on our nice quiet life together.

Besides the usual house chores, we are winding down our vegetable garden.   Kind of disappointed.....we got some tomatoes, lots of beans, but no peppers, broccoli, eggplant or squash.  At this late date we have one zucchini growing out there.   We have already begun our mantra of  "next year"........."next year we'll build a bigger fence to keep the deer out, next year we'll fertilize, next year we'll figure out how to make broccoli grow  - and we'll have the best garden ever."    In the meantime, Hubby removed the last of the shrubbery in front of the house,  I moved some plants, and I am now trolling for more perennials for the front of the house.

So far, Hubby's plan to knock down his shed and build a new one is an epic fail.  The shed seems to be listing to one side......I'm going to laugh my a$$ off if it falls down completely before he gets a chance to rip it down.

And I am painting the front porch.  Jamie climbed up on ladders in the spring and painted the trim around the top of the house a nice creamy beige, and the front porch has been sitting there as white as can be.   I'm happy to use up the rest of the beige so the porch can match.   Hopefully I'll have time before the snow flies to paint the deck of the porch dark green.

The Grandkids:

Son Nick and his wife Kelly are busily caring for their new baby girl Audrey.  Hard to believe she's almost four months old!  I've had the joy of taking care of her here and there, but Kelly and Nick are doing a fantastic job -  she's a happy healthy little baby.

Emily has asked me again to make her Halloween costume.   She brought over a magazine with all kinds of costumes in it, and had circled many of them!  Luckily, she picked out one that she wanted above all others  -  "A Fairy Princess Mermaid".    Yea, you heard right.   She was a regular mermaid last year, but this mermaid wears PINK and SPARKLES!   I'm on hold at the moment in sewing the costume, as there has been some word about her requiring rainbow wings.....and I'm not sure if that's a separate costume or part of the Fairy Princess Mermaid.  She drew me a picture, so I'm going to have to see that before I proceed.

I got to see Noah and Elsie at Hubby's sister's wedding.   It was so nice to visit with them and watch them run around, blow bubbles and eat cupcakes.  We should be attending Noah's 5th birthday party soon, so I'll get to see them again.

Our Music:

We spend a lot of time going to Open Mics and stopping in to see other musicians perform.   On October 18, we have the great honor of people the Feature at our usual Open Mic on Friday nights.  Hubby and I are very excited, and working on our songs and creating a couple new ones.

And in between all this, we're participating in a walkathon for breast cancer awareness, visiting family and friends, hosting campfire jams, watching the Red Sox and the Patriots, going to the beach, etc, etc, etc.

LIFE IS GOOD!

1 comment:

elizasmom said...

I love the Halloween costume update, and the wings/no wings controversy. And she drew you a picture! I'm very curious to see the final product.

Do musicians also say "Break a leg" for good luck? If not, I wish you whatever the musical equivalent is for your Oct. 18 gig!