Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Hate It When Someone Else Is Right

So after telling the beginning of the story of my cell phone, I figured I'd pass on the rest of the story.

The phone that was DOA needed to be sent back.  Unfortunately, since I unpacked the phone at work, all the paperwork and prepaid return envelope were put in the trash and disposed of.  So, I called Verizon back and they said they'd send me another return label.

While I was waiting, my friend at work, Kay, tried to convince me it would be easier to go to the store and exchange the phone than to send it back by mail.   Now, Kay is one of those people who hates technology more than I do.  She has no debit card and does all her banking in person.  She'd rather call and talk to people than do things by email.  She actually shops in the stores rather than shopping online.

I poo-pooed her  - all week long while I waited for my damn label to come in.  Yes, I waited almost a week for the label.  I got it in the mail today, and started thinking about having to send the phone back, wait for another phone to come, and then still have to try and figure out how to activate the phone and transfer my contacts.

So I sucked it up and went to the store.  From the time I left my house until I returned was 40 minutes!!  Most of that time was spent trying to find a parking spot at the mall and walking from the furthest spot in the lot all the way through the mall to the store.  I waited 2 minutes for my turn, and I was walking out of the store 10 minutes later with a working phone and my contacts transferred.

I'm happy I got my phone all set........but damn I hate it when other people are right.

No comments: