Thursday, June 7, 2012

Niagara Falls? Nope!

Last year was our 5th wedding anniversary, so we decided to go "all out" and actually leave New England for our vacation and go to Niagara Falls.   That plan was thwarted (very happily) by the purchase of our new house.

The plan moved to this year, our less-than-exciting-but-still-wonderful 6th wedding anniversary.   And then we were struck by the Passport Disaster.  I was a-hoping and a-praying that our new passports would be in by today, so we could go on our planned trip to Niagara this weekend.

But, it's not going to happen.  I called the passport office, and all they could tell me was that the passports are still being processed.   Which means they haven't even been mailed yet. 

Thankfully, the Bed and Breakfast we're staying in was very flexible and let me change the dates to the end of the month.   Hubby's boss was okay with the change.    My job...not so much.   We'll now be leaving the day after we go to a Neil Diamond Concert, and when we return, instead of having another day off to recoup as I had planned, I will have to go work for one day on a Friday. 

I'm not real happy about that.  I realize the Passport Disaster is my fault.  I misplaced them.  And I supposed I'm grateful that I was able to make new arrangements.   But it would have been so nice if my job could have been a teeeeeensy bit more flexible so I could have a full week off.

Now we wait with baited breath to see if the passports come in during the next two weeks.   If not, the decision might be made to skip Niagara (again) and find someplace in the good ol' US of A, where a passport won't be needed.

No comments: