Monday, March 26, 2012

Time? What time?

As you've probably noticed (or maybe you haven't) it's been a week since I posted anything.  Not because I haven't been doing anything, but because I've been doing so much!  As you saw on the last post, we are in the middle of another renovation project.   This not only takes up a bunch of time, but makes a disaster of the house as well. 

The weekend went like this:

Friday night - Groton Open Mic.   This is a very fun open mic that we don't get to often enough.  It's 45 minutes from the house, so it's run-home-from-work-hop-in-the-car-and-GO!   Luckily, they have the most scrumptious food there, so we don't mind eating dinner there.   We got home at 12:30am.

Saturday - I worked from 9am-1pm.   Went to Home Cheapo and got everything needed to paint the bedroom.  Painted the ceiling.  Made supper, then went out to the Bull Run to see some good friends perform.  Got home at 12:30am.

Sunday - Slept in (8am).   Read part of the newspaper, made breakfast for Hubby and I, entertained grand-daughter from 11:30-around 4pm.  (made cookies, painted, played, etc.)   Then painted woodwork, Hubby made supper,  and I collapsed in front of the TV for a few hours.  

Monday AM - 1/2 day today so I had to work 11-2:30.    I went grocery shopping, did the budget, vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen before work, and now I'm home and hoping to finish painting woodwork and doors in the bedroom, and PERHAPS (if I can find the energy) start doing the edging on the walls.   My goal is to have the bedroom walls painted so we can varnish the floor this weekend.

And there you have it.   I fun-filled, hard-working, exhausting and exhilirating weekend.   It goes by much too quickly.

No comments: