Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

Today is Leap Day.   A special day as it only comes once every four years.   Today is my son-in-law's birthday.   He's 7 years old today!!  

Also, today is Sadie Hawkin's Day.  A day when women are allowed to ask men to marry them.  It's an old tradition.  Women ask men to marry them all the time now.  But it's cool to think that there used to be only one day every four years when a woman had any say in the matter.

I didn't ask my Hubby to marry me on Sadie Hawkin's Day.   Because I wanted him to do the asking.....and he also wanted to do the asking.  But I did "suggest" to him on that day that he should ask me.  And I gave him until the end of the year to make the big proposal.

And we got engaged on December 18 of that year.  I guess it works.

No comments: