Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm going to be a curmudgeony old lady

As a person who is impatient to begin with, I find that the older I get, the more impatient I am.  I want to be able to go out into the world and do the things I need to do with NO other people around.   NO traffic.  NO lines.  NO problems with computers.  Just let me do my thing.

Yesterday I simply wanted to pick up my photos from Walgreens.  I got there AT 8:30 when the store opened, went straight to the photo counter - and there was already someone there checking out!! 

How is that possible?  How could she have gotten all the way through the store, and have 8 things in her basket, when the store JUST opened?   And of course, because it was 8:30 in the morning, and usually no one is there to shop yet, they only had the one register open.

Now certainly, I'm patient enough to wait behind ONE person.   However, this person was not only trying to buy 8 items with 8 different coupons, she couldn't figure out how to make the coupons work to her ultimate advantage.

So she started out buying each item as a separate transaction, then wanted to use TWO coupons with each item.  When she found out she couldn't do that, she decided to return some of the items.   ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME??

I go in the morning because it's quiet(er) but that does put me on a deadline to get to work on time.   And this woman was screwing with that!!!!   Not-for-nothing, but she was a SS, and could easily have done her business anytime during the day.

This morning, I needed to deposit a $15 rebate check into the bank.   We've gotten so spoiled with direct deposit and debit cards, we never go to the bank anymore.   But this was a paper check.   There was really no rush -  I wasn't desperate for the $15 - but I figured I'd swing over to the bank before work and deposit it in the ATM machine.

I get to the bank, and the drive-up ATM is closed because they are working on the roof right over it.  I start to pull into the other lane so I can go to the drive-up window (this is another place that opens at 8:30 and I am there at 8:30 on the dot)  and a guy in a truck cuts me off and gets to the drive-up window first.

Hell and damnation!!!!   I pull in behind him and wait seven minutes!!!!  before I finally back out of the line, swing around the bank, get out of the car, walk into the lobby and use the ATM machine there.

Coming back out, the guy from the drive-thru almost hits me with his truck.

And we wonder why we're all grumpy?

2 comments:

Joan J said...

It's funny. When I think of you and how many little kids you used to babysit for, I immediately think of how I always thought you were the most patient person I know. Apparently you've been to my husband's School of Patience since then. LOL Hates lines, hates waiting, ruins his day if someone gets in front of him, etc. He'll be happy to know he's not the only one! LOL

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I'm pretty patient, but those two would have driven me to..well..get grumpy real quick! You just can't imagine how people think they're the only ones in the world..Geesh!