Friday, March 11, 2011

Music makes me happy

As I've said before, Hubby is a musician. Sadly, I am not. I can, however, be a music-listener! Through the open mics that Hubby and I go out to, we've made lots of friends on the music scene.
Now our lives are filled with music. Last night we went to the Bull Run in Shirley, MA where our friend Gayle Picard runs the Bull Run Thursday Night Independent Music Soundstage. Every Thursday night, Gayle hosts an evening of music put on by local singer/songwriters.
This week, we saw a fantastic show by Nate Smith. It was a great night filled with laughter, beautiful songs, friends and love.
Tomorrow we'll be going to a CD release party for good friends Cooper and Kenneally.

It will be their first CD together, and I can't wait to hear it live when they present their songs to everyone tomorrow at the party.

And Sunday, we'll be have OUR band over to practice for OUR gig in May! Yes, the duo of Karen and Tag will be putting on a show in May, along with our back up band.....Tag's brother Doug on guitar, his cousin Ricky on bongos, and his cousin Scot on bass.

Anyone in the area who'd like to come.....join us! It'll be a night filled with fun original songs, music, laughter, friendship and fun.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, if I were closer..I'd SOOOO be there! I love it that you are a "listener"..hahahha..I bet you're really good, huh?