Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday afternoon and snow

I woke up this morning to another snowy day. sigh........ I wasn't even aware we were supposed to get snow, so the four or five inches on the ground was quite the surprise. My Dad had invited us over for "Chicken Barb". I'm not sure why it's called chicken barb, cause there's no "barb" in sight. I guess it's a meal he remembers from way back when he lived in Lawrence and used to go to a little restaurant that had it. And that's what it was called. Anyway.....it's kind of like pulled pork, only with chicken. He made it in the crockpot, and it comes out all shredded, then you put it on a bun with mayonnaise and it's delicious! We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and visiting and seeing the brochures for his trip to Alaska. What a nice way to spend a Snowy Sunday Afternoon.

No comments: