Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

During our Christmas season, Hubby and I were lucky enough to spend time with both of our grandchildren and all of our families. Christmas Eve was spent with Hubby's kids. Our 2-year old Grandson Noah had a ball. At one point, while gifts were being distributed and no one was looking, he went behind his Grampy and opened a gift "all by himself". We heard his little voice saying "I ripped it...I did it...Good job!" Luckily, the gift happend to be for him! We made sure he received plenty of his current obsession....vehicles. He's waiting almost patiently for me to get them out of the wrapping.
He and his Grampy had lots of fun playing with his toys....and the bows from the gifts. Hubby's favorite Christmas movie is on the TV....."Santa conquers the Martians". Don't ask.
And Wendy, Allen and Kenny had a great time visiting.
On Christmas Day we went to my Dad's house. Our little sweetheart Emily was happy to be there.
When we asked her what she got for Christmas, she told us "A new Pink Toothbrush!" She also got a Winnie the Pooh playset, which she graciously allowed me to play with her.
She always has fun with her Auntie Jamie. Emily is beginning to look more and more like her Auntie.
My niece Laura always enjoys the company of my Hubby..."Uncle Tag". She was very excited when Uncle Tag got her a "Disgusting Science Experiments" kit.
Laura brought over one of her Christmas gifts - a tube filled with bird seed, and various objects in it, such as paperclips or buttons, and the goal was to move the tube around and find all the objects. It kept everyone busy, including my soon-t0-be daughter-in-law Kelly.
I got to be "Santa" this year and hand out all the gifts. It takes a long time with so many people, but it's lots of fun to see everyone open their gifts.
Hubby got my Dad a special hat for his trip to Alaska.....and Emily insisted on taking a picture of it with her little digital camera.
A good time was had by all. Now we get to hunker down and get ready for the first Blizzard of 2010. 12-18" of snow headed our way. Whoo hoo!

No comments: