Thursday, August 12, 2010

Office politics

So the person in our office who gives us all the grief (aka "The PITA") is on vacation this week. And I cannot even begin to explain the difference in the atmosphere of the office. We're happy. We're silly. We laugh. We enjoy each other. We don't have to listen to loud laughing, talking, self-aggrandizing.......and on and on and on. We don't have to be careful of every word we say, for fear that the moaning we do about our jobs or our bosses will be carried tattle-tale-like to the mucky mucks. We can tell a story all the way to the end without being interrupted. We don't have to listen to the bigger, better, more wonderful story she has to tell. Everyone is relaxed. Everyone is comfortable. And all I can hope is that she went job hunting while on vacation and will come back on give her notice. God forgive me.

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

OK, so I did a comment but it didn't go through..what I said was that you all are having a vacation..from her! And that maybe the "mucky-mucks" will see the difference in all of you while she's gone..one can hope!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I used to work with my own PITA, until I changed jobs. Only to discover the new diggs had one as well. Why must people be that way? I hate to be struck by the wrath of God, but for your sake, I hope your PITA finds a new job...soon!