Friday, March 5, 2010

My Baby is Home!

Finally....my baby......my Ellie Elantra...is home! She did not like being in the car hospital for three days. I called yesterday around 11am and left a message at the garage (you always have to leave a message!) and said I had a 1/2 day and would be getting out of work at 12pm and needed my car. He called back at 12 and said the part had just come in and it would be ready in the afternoon. I explained that my problem was, I had a ride home from work, but then no way to go back and get the car later in the afternoon. I know there were plenty of people I could have called.....but I wanted the garage to have to deal with it. They offered to have someone come pick me up. And sure 'nuff, they called at 4pm and had the woman who runs the front desk come get me. And Ellie is purring like a kitten. I'm still mad that the dumb-asses broke my steering fluid line. (Yea, it was a steering fluid line, not a transmission line as previously reported. My bad. But, same thing right?) And I'm still mad that I had to go three days without my car. But at least I feel like they made it right. They fixed it for free and gave me a ride to get it. That counts for something. But I'm still never going back there.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

I'm glad you have you car back. I would diiiieeee without mine.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Awwww..welcome home Ellie! I HATE being without my Silver Pearl Elantra!!