Tuesday, January 19, 2010

French Onion SOUP!!

Yes, I made some French Onion Soup tonight with my new crocks. I truly meant to take a photo of the beautiful melted cheese dripping down the sides of the crocks, but I forgot and we ate it and no one wants to see the empty bowls. Anyway, I made the soup in our crockpot. I pretty much winged it after reading a bunch of different recipes. I put in 4 big yellow onions, 3 cans of beef broth, 1 can of water, 1/2 can of red wine. I cooked and carmelized the onions before putting them in. Then I made a French bread with Pillsbury dough in a can. I sliced the french bread, put in the bottom of the crock, poured in some soup and covered it with a slice of Provolone. I broiled it in the oven until the cheese was all melty and gooey. We had the soup, the leftover French bread and salad for supper. It wasn't bad for a first attempt, even if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

tag vennard said...

It was delicious hunny!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love soup, have I mentioned that? And French Onion is one of my all time faves! I remember as a little girl ordering it that I thought I was SOO sophisticated!