Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Very Special Dad

My Dad is definitely a "Dad"....not a "Father". He's the person I could always rely on when I was a little girl. He never yelled.....but had my respect nevertheless. I never wanted to do anything to upset or disappoint him because I loved him so much. 49 years later....and I still feel the same way about my Dad. He's a most remarkable father. He played with us when we were kids, and still seems to enjoy our company as adults. He taught me how to laugh and tease and have fun.
He also taught me good values and a no-nonsense attitude toward life and people. He taught me how special family is and how important it is to treat them well.
Most importanly....he loves my Mom so much. They've known each other since they were both 14. They've been married for 51 years. And he still looks at her like she's the most special person on earth.
His love for her and for me and my brothers and sister is our stability. I know for a fact I wouldn't be the person I am today without my Dad's guidance and love.
I love you Dad. Forever and always. Happy Father's Day.

No comments: