Sunday, May 24, 2009

So Far.....Soooooooo GOOD!

This weekend marks the first time since I started working in September that I have a Saturday off. It's also the first time I have three days off in a row. I'm treating it like a mini-vacation. Friday night after work Hubby and I dug out the charcoal grill and our lawn chairs. We live in a condo with no patio or balcony, so we bring everything out into the backyard. No one else in the condo uses it.....we figure why not? There's grass and trees and even bunnies. There's an eight-foot stockade fence between us and the main road. Sure you can hear the traffic, but after a while you just ignore it. We had chicken drumsticks and red potatoes on the grill. Hubby brought out his ukulele and strummed while we waited for the coals and cooked the chicken. I did forget to buy the O'Doul's and wine coolers though. Next time. Saturday we got up late (9am!) and relaxed and read and watched a video and did nothing all morning. In the afternoon we went with Hubby's kids to the Sushi place to eat a late lunch/early dinner and see his paintings on the wall. We brought Hubby's daughter home and visited for a bit, then went home and watched a video and ate popcorn. Does this not sound like a wonderful, relaxing mini-vacation so far? Today we plan to go up to the campground where my mom and sister and brother are camping for the weekend and visit. And tomorrow seems like it will be a nice day so we're thinking about canoeing. I can feel my body and mind relaxing more and more and more.

4 comments:

Val said...

I can feel it! The relaxation is streaming through my monitor :)

peewee said...

seriously....that sounds like HEAVEN! I love the backyard bbq and the ukelele :)

Debbie said...

Good for you! I can't believe it has been that long since you had a Saturday off.

Just SO said...

That sounds so relaxing! Wonderful time.