Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blah blah blah

It's been a blah kind of week. I'm not babysitting this week....Kara took the day off on Tuesday and Doug is taking the day off on Friday. I'm having Emily withdrawals! I told the lady who calls for subs I could work Tuesday and Friday this week, so she gave me a two-day assignment today and yesterday. I'm a SPED teacher in the middle school. This SPED teacher has a full schedule....classes every period all day. I have 3-8 kids each class and we do math, science, ss, LA and reading. Yikes! This teacher has to know a little bit about everything! Thankfully there's an aide in the room who knows what the heck is going on. I think it's kind of silly to have a sub come in when there's an aide, since she knows more about what the kids are doing than I do. But apparently the aides are not supposed to do "the teacher's work". If I were an aide, I'd agree to do it if they'd give me a little extra and forget about the sub! Save a few bucks in the school system. Hubby's car wouldn't start yesterday morning. I was having nightmares in my head about having to let him take my car and I'd have to walk home from work. But we jumpstarted it, then he drove to Walmart, bought a new battery ($78) and put it into the car right there in the parking lot. He's good to go now. We haven't gotten our "economic stimulus" check yet from the government, but somehow we've already spent it six different ways. Including the new battery. My birthday is in June and hubby has set up some kind of surprise for me. On my calendar he wrote "Karen 6pm" on every Tuesday night for the whole month of June and the first two weeks of July. I have no idea what it is, and he won't give me any hints. I"m very excited to find out what it might be. Any ideas????

1 comment:

Joan J said...

Hmmm... how long have you been married? 3 years? I know what the "gift" would have been back when we'd been married only 3 years, but blogger would x-rate your blog if I told 'ya :) LOL