Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Camp is Coming!




My Art Room...notice the nifty gimp rack hubby made me on the far left on top picture
One of the kids having a good time making a mess on bottom picture.



I've said before how much I love my summer camp job. For the past 2 years, I've avoided getting a full-year job so I dont' have to give up my camp job! Realistically, the only job I could get would be in a school system, and I'm working on that. So tomorrow is the first day of spring, although you wouldn't know it by looking out at the weather (cold and snowy/rainy) and that can only mean one thing.....only three more months until camp starts! Hurray! I got an email yesterday from my camp director asking me to sit in on interviews for new camp staff. The director and his assistant have been working on camp stuff all winter....brochures, programs, materials, new workshops, etc. It's unbelievable how much work goes into making camp run smoothly. Soon I'll be making my list of materials I need to order. I'm the Arts and Crafts director and I'm always looking for new and intersesting things for the kids to do, so if you have any great ideas, let me know!

Top Ten Most Favorite Art Activities at Camp:
1. Gimp
2. Making bracelets from embroidery floss
3. Craft sticks
4. Beads you iron to make shapes
5. Spin Art
6. Clay
7. Model wooden cars (which we then race)
8. Model Rockets (which we then launch)
9. Making Potholders
10. Painting

No comments: