Saturday, February 9, 2008

Being a Grandma

There's absolutely nothing like being a grandmother. My beautiful grand-daughter Emily was born in August. That makes her 6 months old now! Hard to believe she's been around that long, but also hard to believe there was ever a time we didn't have her. She's been such a wonderful addition to our lives. My husband Tag and I are "Memere and Pepere", the old French names for grandparents. I get to babysit twice a week, which has been such a blessing! The best part about being the grandmother instead of the mother is that you get to spend every minute with the child while you're with her. The typical mother is happy if the child is content, and runs around doing housework while she has the opportunity. As the grandmother, I get to just sit and play with her and watch every little bit of development. Last Saturday, Tag and I babysat, and he had so much fun with her. He brought his guitar and she was just mesmerized! She was listening, but also watching his fingers as they moved up and down the frets. Tag thinks she's going to be a musician, and wanted to buy her a guitar later in the day when we went to the store! If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll add one to this post, or put one in a future post. You have to see her to know how beautiful she is!

1 comment:

sylvie said...

Hi,
I left you a blog earlier but I'm not too sure if it went through. I just wanted to say I'll be glad to hear about Emily's progress and the news on the other kids. Hopefully you'll keep writing, they say it helps to keep people young. Mentally we need to use our minds for inner strengthening.
I'll keep looking for your blogs.
love ya,
Sylvie